Clients and Friends,
With Q2 well underway, we wanted to update you on recent Nosal Partners news and milestones. Throughout the first part of the new year, we continued to experience steady demand in assignments involving top-grading of talent and bench strength building across industries and functional areas. In addition to CEO, CFO, CMO, COO and President/General Manager searches, we are currently conducting numerous senior-level searches in functions ranging from ecommerce to merchandising, to product development and customer relations.
Nosal Partners is at the forefront of thinking on talent acquisition and leadership challenges experienced at the highest organizational levels. We would like to share with you our most recent publication on recruiting senior-level talent in China.
Surviving the Talent War in China: How Companies Can Escape the Closing Cost Gap
With many of our client organizations continuing to expand into China, we took a closer look at the challenges to recruiting and attracting talent in a region where senior leaders are in scarce supply. Lee Brantingham, Managing Director of our Shanghai and Beijing offices through NGS Global, and I wrote a white paper that investigates the causes of the talent shortage in China and provides strategies for building best-in-class teams in a highly competitive environment. Click here to access the white paper.
Caryn Avante has been promoted to Partner. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, Ms. Avante joined Nosal Partners as a client partner in November 2011.
Ms. Avante has over 10 years of experience placing senior leaders across functional areas in the advanced technology, clean technology, life sciences and industrial sectors. Ms. Avante was formerly a partner at Edison Consulting Group in Cleveland, Ohio, where she conducted numerous senior-level executive searches for Fortune 500 companies, as well as small to mid-sized organizations.
Selected Recent Assignments in the Americas
(Excludes confidential board and select CEO assignments)
- Chief Executive Officer—Leading advanced traffic management solutions provider
- Chief Executive Officer—Private equity-backed dental company
- Chief Financial Officer—Leading retail thrift store chain
- Chief Financial Officer—Leading technology developer
- Chief Financial Officer—Privately held furniture manufacturer
- Chief Financial Officer—$200M+ manufacturing company
- Chief Operating Officer—Premier provider of mobile device accessories
- Corporate Vice President, Finance—Leading cable, phone and internet provider
- Head of eCommerce Technology—$2B+ footwear and apparel manufacturer
- Senior Vice President, Customer Relationship Management—$7B+ global hotel group
- Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing—Data center and services provider
- Senior Vice President, Software Development—Software and internet company
- Vice President, Alternate Channel Sales—U.S. subsidiary of a $20B+ technology company headquartered in Tokyo
- Vice President, Americas Finance—$1.5B+ automotive safety equipment company
- Vice President, Franchise Operations—$7B+ global hotel group
- Vice President, Global Marketing Equipment Protection—$4B+ global industrial company
- Vice President, Marketing—$4B+ industrial company
- Vice President, Merchandise Planning, Forecasting, Replenishment & Allocation—$3B+ specialty product retailer
- Vice President, Product Design Engineering—Leading water features design firm
Selected Recent NGS Global Assignments in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Chief Executive Officer, Poland—Global spa and sauna equipment manufacturer
- Chief Executive Officer, Switzerland—Global acting lifestyle brand company
- Chief Financial Officer—European offshore wind farm
- Chief Operating Officer—Leading kitchen equipment manufacturer
- Chief Sales Officer—Leading kitchen equipment manufacturer
- Global Head of Human Resources—Leading European trade fair and event company
- Plant Manager, Istanbul—Global automotive safety supplier
- Senior Vice President, Purchasing, Europe—Global automotive safety supplier
Selected Recent NGS Global Assignments in Asia
- Director, Compliance—Pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in the U.S.
- Director, Sales—Information technology management and consulting company
- Human Resources Director—Audio and video equipment manufacturing company
- Japan Representative Director—Audio and video equipment manufacturing company
- President—Engineering and architecture services company based in Singapore
- President, Asia—Pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in the United States
- Technical Director—$17B+ semiconductor company
Nosal Partners continues to change the face of executive search with a superior delivery model and value proposition. I thank you for your ongoing support and invite you to contact me or any one of our exceptional partners to learn why our solution, process and methodologies—combined with unparalleled candidate access, are raising the bar for the executive search industry.
All the best,
Chief Executive Officer